Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Transferring Servers

Ok. I thought I would give an update on how it's going.

Basically, i'm so lonely on Tonberry.
    I have an FC that is nice enough and are reasonably active...but it's just nothing compared to AKS, I kind of feel like I've made a mistake by moving...sure, the ping may be better, but there aren't really more people on in those later hours. Dungeons are also a lot less fun and more stressful, most people in the data center don't speak English, so you can't get involved in any chatter and banter in random parties...which was always a nice thing, also you can't explain mechanics...you can't even really apologize for when you mess up, at least not beyond an auto translate macro.

I miss you guys so much
    I'm going to give it awhile and see how I feel, but i'm very tempted to transfer back and rejoin AKS (assuming you will take me back.)
    I guess maybe I've come to the realization that it isn't so much the game itself as who you play it with...maybe I won't be able to do Alex Savage and all that due to timezone and ping, but at least I will be with an awesome group of people. And that being said, in all fairness I never did actually try and get a static together or join one...maybe I would have more luck than I might think.

I hope you guys are all doing well, I popped on the mumble today and chatted with a few people and apparently you all miss me which I found touching.

But like I said before, i'm really not liking Tonberry much and it's way harder than I thought it would be to leave you guys behind...so I hope there's a slot open for me if I want to return to AKS, Playing FFXIV is all well and good but it's no fun if I'm just lonely and have no real friends the whole time.

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Sorry to hear things aren't working out, but I think you're doing the right thing by giving it a bit more time. It may just be like moving schools where you just need to find your "groove" and group of friends. If it doesn't work out though, you are more then welcome to come back!

Quote Originally Posted by E'hosmer View Post
    Sorry to hear things aren't working out, but I think you're doing the right thing by giving it a bit more time. It may just be like moving schools where you just need to find your "groove" and group of friends. If it doesn't work out though, you are more then welcome to come back!
    'Hosmer has it right on the money. Given the fact that you've spent money and moved over for specific reasons, you should give yourself an appropriate amount of time to actually decide if it can be a better environment. Try looking on the Tonberry forums for recruiting FCs or those that might be more English-friendly. You can also try looking at the recruitment subreddit at http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxivrecruitment/. It's more heavily used for static raiding recruitment, but FCs do post and respond from time to time. Also, are you not forming up with Korihu?

Thanks

Awards Showcase

I have to wait another day until the server transfer cool-down is over anyway, and the FC I have is an English speaking FC, I don't think I could really get a better one, Kori did her research when she chose it. Honestly, I don't think I need more time...I haven't had anything but regret since changing server. I've really come to the realization that I had my priorities the wrong way round, I was thinking that the game was first and community second, now I've realized it's the other way round.
    In regards to Korihu, that is one of the reasons I moved, but one friend vs the many of you I have in AKS doesn't seem like a good trade, besides I can talk to Kori every day IRL so it's not like I never see her.

To be honest, my mind is made up at this point...I want to be back with you guys, it's friendly and nice on Gilgamesh and with AKS, Tonberry just feels lonely.

Hopefully there's a slot for me back in AKS...I know a lot of people miss me and I miss them too, The 70 or so better ping and one friend isn't worth the sacrifice of all of AKS.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Nanopizza View Post
    I have to wait another day until the server transfer cool-down is over anyway, and the FC I have is an English speaking FC, I don't think I could really get a better one, Kori did her research when she chose it. Honestly, I don't think I need more time...I haven't had anything but regret since changing server. I've really come to the realization that I had my priorities the wrong way round, I was thinking that the game was first and community second, now I've realized it's the other way round.
    In regards to Korihu, that is one of the reasons I moved, but one friend vs the many of you I have in AKS doesn't seem like a good trade, besides I can talk to Kori every day IRL so it's not like I never see her.

To be honest, my mind is made up at this point...I want to be back with you guys, it's friendly and nice on Gilgamesh and with AKS, Tonberry just feels lonely.

Hopefully there's a slot for me back in AKS...I know a lot of people miss me and I miss them too, The 70 or so better ping and one friend isn't worth the sacrifice of all of AKS.
    A spot will be waiting.

Guild Officer - Aureus Knights

Knight
    Thanks

Awards Showcase

omg! BYE! but .. mm.. noooooooooo at the same time!!

Dont be a stranger and come back in mumble and bring Kohiru with you!! because, yeah .. the pokemon rap must live on!
    -- please excuse the bad grammar, or syntax, as my main language is french ^_^

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Glad to heae there's a spot for me. I will be transferring back today (assuming it all goes smoothly.)

Korihu is intent on staying on Tonberry...I just have too many friends in AKS to stay on Tonberry, like I said before it's just not worth loosing all you guys over a little bit of ping.

Thanks

Awards Showcase

I'm back on Gilgamesh and with AKS again now guys. Tonberry just wasn't right for me, sure I may have more ping and more awkward timezones here but the company is worth it

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ayuna For This Useful Post:

Gwen (09-03-2015), Okaria (09-03-2015)

Banned
    Thanks

Glad to have you back!

Knight
    Thanks

Awards Showcase

Sooo I can't believe you left me! Glad you're back though!