Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 977 Posts

Awards Showcase

Default What a weekend...

Just like last year I'm at a bit of a loss what to say. When we started Extra Life just three short years ago we set a goal of $500 and honestly thought we were crazy thinking we could raise that much. That year we raised $1,224. Last year we thought we could maybe stretch to $1,500. We hit $3,200. This year we couldn't imagine hitting $2,000. We are now sitting at $3,686. That puts us on the level of some regional Extra Life meet ups - sitting at a team rank of 147!

I am blown away and incredibly proud of our community. I want to thank everyone who came out to Columbus for our meet up + fund raising event, everyone who fundraised and ran their own streams, everyone who donated and also everyone who came out to our in game events in League, Archeage and FFXIV! A special thanks to Ryath for putting together our Columbus event.

I do have a bit of a challenge for us though. We are so close to $4,000 and I'd love to see us make a push to get there. Extra Life is incredibly personal to me and it's such an amazing cause. I love that we've risen to the challenge of becoming an essential part of it and I'd really like to see us push that as far as we can. So join me in fundraising and donating to hitting this next stretch goal! Extra Life isn't over because game day is over, they continue to raise funds through the end of the year. So even if you cannot donate at the moment keep it in mind when pay day rolls around.

Thank you all so much for everything this weekend. I truly mean that from the bottom of my heart.
    - RJO, Officer of AKS
    Blog - Twitter - Facebook - Last.fm - Flickr

Taas Taru, White Mage (FFXIV)
    Currently Playing: FIFA16, Life

Proud member of the lala master race

hardcore

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RJO For This Useful Post:

Ade (10-27-2014), Andaris (10-27-2014), Nalani (10-27-2014), Nith (10-27-2014), Ryath (10-27-2014)

Thanks

Default Re: What a weekend...

We can do it!