Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 977 Posts

Awards Showcase

Default *** We are transferring to Stormtalon ***

Good evening everyone,

After much discussion and taking a look at the conditions in game the officer team has decided that we will be transferring to Stormtalon. It has been the team's preference to maintain our current server however given transfer decisions made by other guilds and individuals over the last 24 hours we feel that this is no longer tenable.

First I'll share the plan for setting up on the new server, after that I will give some detail on why we've made this decision.

The plan:
    • We have already created The Aureus Knights over on Stormtalon
    • We are strongly recommending all members immediately transfer their characters and get them back in the guild
    • When the megaserver comes we will move everyone back to the original Aureus Knights guild. At that time we will shutter The Aureus Knights

We will update stickies here on the forums to reflect these changes.

So why are we doing this?

First of all this is not our preferred method to dealing with the current population crisis in WildStar. There's a few reasons we'd rather stay on the server:
    • Transferring servers ahead of the mega server removes some of the legacy and pride associated with leveling the guild
    • Returning players will find their friends and guild mates transferred away. One of the strengths of this community is that we are always there and always encourage people to come back
    • Bottom line we will be split. Even if 90% of people make the switch there'll be at least 10% left behind. We dealt with this in Warhammer Online and even if transferring servers is 100% the right thing to do or even THE ONLY thing to do there is still breakage
    • The very act of discussing this actually creates tension and drama. There are two sides to debates like this (look at our fairly close poll on the subject) and even if the drama is super low key, we try and minimize that type of interaction around here

So why the change that clearly bucks our standing policies and precedents on this matter? Frankly Thunderfoot is going to be a ghost town. We've been working closely with the other key guilds on the server and the mood has shifted over the last few hours and the flood gates of an exodus have basically been opened.

It is the belief of the officer team that WildStar has potential to have a strong future for the guild, even with recent drops in population that have heavily impact all guilds including us. That future however will be defined over the next 30 to 60 days at maximum. This is make or break time for WildStar and frankly it's make or break time for the guild in WildStar. Do we want to go through trial-by-fire by ourselves on Thunderfoot or with what's left of the WildStar community at large on Stormtalon? We've opted to take a risk and break away from precedent because we believe it gives our WildStar chapter the best chance for success.

This has been a little doom and gloom so let me end with saying this. We have a very marketable and attractive guild here. Landing on this new server where many people are going to be looking for new homes is a challenge for the game but is a huge opportunity for the guild. It is still our intention to be the best guild there is in WildStar, and we have the best chance to make a try at that on Stormtalon.

Thanks everyone, please feel free to ask any questions of the team in this thread.

-Ryan / RJO
    Last edited by RJO; 09-04-2014 at 09:03 PM.
    - RJO, Officer of AKS
    Blog - Twitter - Facebook - Last.fm - Flickr

Taas Taru, White Mage (FFXIV)
    Currently Playing: FIFA16, Life

Proud member of the lala master race

hardcore

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RJO For This Useful Post:

Hotgingersnaps (09-04-2014)

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Default Re: *** We are transferring to Stormtalon ***

If you need an invite to the stormtalon guild find me on mumble, or in game as gingermisu

Thanks

Awards Showcase

I'm all setup now as well, so feel free to whisper Kowh for an invite.

Thanks

When you say you'll shutter the Knights, you meant the temp guild on Stormtalon, right?

Tyden Velryn on FFXIV
    Drovax on Wildstar

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 977 Posts

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_Gold View Post
    When you say you'll shutter the Knights, you meant the temp guild on Stormtalon, right?
    Yes.
    - RJO, Officer of AKS
    Blog - Twitter - Facebook - Last.fm - Flickr

Taas Taru, White Mage (FFXIV)
    Currently Playing: FIFA16, Life

Proud member of the lala master race

hardcore

Thanks

Hey guys I made the switch but I won't be able to be on until Sunday night to get an invite. From what I saw the server looks packed though! Can't wait for the megaserver change to add even more people!