Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Awards Showcase

I have noticed myself getting into more groups of late. I think I just went through a dry spell for a few days, which just added to my frustration on the whole thing. Also, seeing how I rolled quickly into Tier 3, which is less populated by the guild than it appeared, had a lot to do with it.

Still, I feel like the SM is a lot more balanced for what I want to do, and I feel like I'm doing a good job with the few tools I have in PvP. Hopefully someday soon I'll get a knockback...it's not clear which ability they have is one from the tooltips.
    There’s nothing so bad that it couldn’t be worse. - Irish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Anxst View Post
    Still, I feel like the SM is a lot more balanced for what I want to do, and I feel like I'm doing a good job with the few tools I have in PvP. Hopefully someday soon I'll get a knockback...it's not clear which ability they have is one from the tooltips.
    I believe it's Gusting Wind, which is AoE in the Hoeth line and comes in the teens sometime. The tooltip doesn't say it's a knockback, but I've read that it is.

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Anxst View Post
    Hopefully someday soon I'll get a knockback...it's not clear which ability they have is one from the tooltips.
    Action Name: Gusting Wind
    Description: You execute a quick spin rending the air around you and producing a magical shockwave that which deals 90 damage to all opponents within 10 feet of you.
    Requires Improved Balance
    Leads to Perfect Balance

This is an AoE knockdown. I just got and it rocks! I believe I got it at 18.

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Sweet! Since I'm planning on going Hoeth, I'll so make sure I pick up the tactic that increases its range.
    There’s nothing so bad that it couldn’t be worse. - Irish proverb

It's a knockdown and not a knockback? Do SM's have any knockback?

I know that based on the ability distribution, Mythic seems to think that knockdowns are stronger than knockbacks, but I find knockbacks just have so much more utility. You can knock over cliffs, knock melee away from healers, knock desired targets back towards your teammates, etc.

If you're a non-knockback carrying class in Tor Anroc you'll probably disagree, but knockback is my favorite WAR specific effect.

I love KB's as well, that's why I play an IB =)

I believe gusting wind is a knockback, but all knockbacks work as knockDOWNs on PvE mobs, so that's probably the confusion.
    LoL - nolifeking42

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Cael View Post
    It's a knockdown and not a knockback? Do SM's have any knockback?

I know that based on the ability distribution, Mythic seems to think that knockdowns are stronger than knockbacks, but I find knockbacks just have so much more utility. You can knock over cliffs, knock melee away from healers, knock desired targets back towards your teammates, etc.

If you're a non-knockback carrying class in Tor Anroc you'll probably disagree, but knockback is my favorite WAR specific effect.
    My bad it actually is an AoE knockback to other players. It acts a knockdown to mobs.