Blog Entries
    Thanks

Awards Showcase

Thumbs down [Add On] MinChat v1.0

Hey guys. Over the last few days I've been working on getting the hang of Lua and the Warhammer API. My first little project was a chat UI modification, to reduce the amount of "chrome" around it and leave more room for party frames and the game. I'm a big fan of minimal HUDs, so most of the UI addons you see coming from me will likely be along these lines.

I've been testing this on my client the last few days and have really enjoyed it, so if you try it out let me know your thoughts.

MinChat
    • Removes all chrome from the chat UI. No social button, no scrollbar, no nuthin'.
    • Tabs are still visible when you hover over the chat UI for a moment.
    • Although there are no scrollbars, you can still move up and down in the chat history with your mouse wheel.
    • Because there is no indicator of when new text has arrived, the chat window will automatically scroll down to the latest line of text when it's received.

Version History
    • 1.0 - Sept 25, 2008 - First public release.

Known issues:
    • Some of the chat UI elements will occasionally appear for a brief moment, then fade away. This is unfortunately a bug in the Warhammer client. It does not occur often.
    • This bug may happen more frequently on secondary tabs.

Timestamp Notice - The Warhammer client currently suffers from a bug that occurs with the timestamp feature. When timestamps are displayed, the most recent line of text is cut off. On strings of text that span multiple lines, you may notice a sentence being cut off, or broken up oddly into three or more lines. I recommend leaving timestamps off until Mythic has a chance to fix this issue.

Grab it from Curse Gaming

Let me know if you have any problems with the addon, or any suggestions for future changes.
    Last edited by Okaria; 09-25-2008 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Added screenshot
    Standing in fire keeps you warm; it doesn't mean you are bad, it means you are cozy.

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Awesome! Thanks for this ill check it out.

I know one thing that kinda bugs me is that there is no drop shadow on text, it's really tough to read especially if you're like me and you like your text extra small, with full opacity.

I'll try it out and give you some feed back.

Thanks

Awards Showcase

o sweet i been looking for a new chat box to replace the default one, i'll try it out
    "A risk is a chance you take; if it fails you can recover. A gamble is a chance taken; if it fails, recovery is impossible."

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Sweet. I'll give it a try

On a side note, how you get your WarDB sig like that?

Edit: yarrr I figured it out. Those are mucho better than the WarDB ones.
    Last edited by Chux; 09-26-2008 at 02:29 AM.

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Ok so far using it all day, I noticed the flashing scrollbars went away after a while. Seems like the longer you stay in the less it does it, however it is a very annoying problem. Other than that the chat is working great, I love that it automatically scrolls down.

Thanks

Awards Showcase

The problem that I have with chat (default one) is that It seem blurry and I have trouble reading it at times (no its not that I am old)

Does your mod help this?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Heden View Post
    The problem that I have with chat (default one) is that It seem blurry and I have trouble reading it at times (no its not that I am old)

Does your mod help this?
    Afraid not. Font rendering is handled entirely be the game engine, and is outside the control of addons. Obvious quest, but have you tried adjusting the font size?
    Standing in fire keeps you warm; it doesn't mean you are bad, it means you are cozy.