Thanks

Awards Showcase

Default SimCity considering offline mode/other changes?

Interesting: "Survey suggests SimCity to add an offline mode"

http://mashable.com/2013/07/05/simci...-offline-mode/

I don't care either way about offline mode myself--but some of the other options listed here, like unlimited city size, could someday tempt me back to try the game again, ASSUMING that they have fixed the bugs that haunted the game at launch. I say "someday" since I'm still really pissed at EA about the whole thing and in no rush to play their games again.

Profile on Lodestone

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Default Re: SimCity considering offline mode/other changes?

What is this simcity you speak of? unlimited city size? more like unlimited size of retarded traffic
    #trafficAI

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hotgingersnaps For This Useful Post:

Slippers (07-06-2013)

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Hotgingersnaps View Post
    What is this simcity you speak of? unlimited city size? more like unlimited size of retarded traffic
    #trafficAI

That cat had more logic and AI than the damn traffic. The main issue causing the traffic issue was the fact that sims changed jobs EVERY FREAKING DAY. So no amount of traffic planning could or would help. That was seriously some lazy ass programming to just use packet logic for something like that.

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Mordannus View Post
    That cat had more logic and AI than the damn traffic. The main issue causing the traffic issue was the fact that sims changed jobs EVERY FREAKING DAY. So no amount of traffic planning could or would help. That was seriously some lazy ass programming to just use packet logic for something like that.
    They changed their job everyday? I always thought they got fired everyday. Which then on the next day made them get another job

Quote Originally Posted by Slammer View Post
    They changed their job everyday? I always thought they got fired everyday. Which then on the next day made them get another job
    Well the sad part was they changed houses every day as well. So I never understood the shopping, because you'd have to live pretty sparsely. Basically they took the lazy way to program it and when a "Sim" left their job they basically did quit and then headed to the nearest house that had an opening. In the morning, that Sim would wake up and leave to go to the nearest job, and over and over. So instead of real life where you can plan roadways to handle what eventually becomes a habitual pattern every day, in SimCity the pattern changed every single day.

After reading up on that and learning how absolutely screwed you were in fixing the problem, I have yet to start the game up again.