Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 977 Posts

Awards Showcase

Default IMPORTANT - READ AND REPLY - Multiplayer Regions

Hey folks,

This thread is of vital importance (to read and give your feedback) so please take appropriate action if you want to play with AKS in multiplayer regions.

We are currently sitting at 14 sign ups for the multiplayer region and we will likely have more before the game comes out. That leads to a bit of a problem for us as the cap of cities in a region is 16. I would like to ask you guys for feedback and your preference for how to approach this problem.

In my mind, and please throw out other options if you've got them we have two ways we can go about handling this:
    1) Build regions on demand. Day 1 we meet up on mumble and create our first region. We fill it up and when it fills we open up the next 1.
    2) Plan regions so everyone can have two cities in a region. We would assign a max of 8 people to a region so each person could build 2 cities within the region.

Thoughts? Preferences?
    - RJO, Officer of AKS
    Blog - Twitter - Facebook - Last.fm - Flickr

Taas Taru, White Mage (FFXIV)
    Currently Playing: FIFA16, Life

Proud member of the lala master race

hardcore

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Default Re: IMPORTANT - READ AND REPLY - Multiplayer Regions

If we go with option 1, those of us at work get boned.

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    If we go with option 1, those of us at work get boned.
    I thought we all worked now that RJ got off of Canadian welfare a few months back. But for my choice of the two ideas I go with the 8x2 idea. I already know that I am going to get boned by work over the next few months. It always seems to work this way no game out i really want to play Im always off a game is released I start working like crazy. The reason I like the 8x2 idea is for one with my whole industry based idea of a main city I will need low to medium workers and most people will not want such sims in their city so it would help me out to have lets say a lower end city with workers to make stuff for the other players high end sims. I just hope sims can't unionize our region is free to work right?
    Last edited by Slammer; 02-22-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks

Awards Showcase

I also prefer the second option. But we might want to use some of the smaller regions as well, since each region has a different profile. We might pick a few different regions, not just the largest one, and have people sign up for which region(s) they want to play. But in any case I would definitely want to have the option to pick up a second city in the same region. Otherwise the multiplayer region would be too restricted, and I might end up focusing on single player.

Profile on Lodestone

Rules Lawyer
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Awards Showcase

I think the signups for multiple regions would be a good idea. There are several 16 city region types that all present different challenges and opportunities. Check out http://www.ign.com/wikis/simcity/Reg...bjectid=128952

This would also let us try to keep it a bit balanced and not stick people who don't want to do production cities in a production oriented city slot.

if we get 16 on the dot i wouldnt mind seeing us all play on 1. but i guess running two factions, i mean regions could work.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Neens For This Useful Post:

Ryath (02-27-2013)

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Neens View Post
    if we get 16 on the dot i wouldnt mind seeing us all play on 1. but i guess running two factions, i mean regions could work.
    I see what you did there
    Last edited by Slammer; 02-23-2013 at 04:06 AM.