Guild Member
    Thanks

Default Gabrius's Guardian Build

I had a LOT of success with this build on the Beta Weekends and stress tests, with PUG groups in tourneys and hotjoin both. It holds points and provides support/survivability like no other class I played. Major points:

- Sustained Condition removal, I lose 2 every 10 seconds
    - Easy damage and pressure through the two spirit weapons to keep people running
    - Area control through Line of Warding and Sanctuary as well as the Spirit Hammer knockbacks.
    - When Channeling Empower to buff allies, it also serves as a self heal through the Altruistic Healing trait, green numbers everywhere

Alternate options:
    Hammer for sword/shield, just change honorable shield trait to strength in numbers
    Change Sanctuary to Smite condition for more condition removal/damage on a shorter cooldown.

Let me know your thoughts!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fUUQ...jwGrNObk2MCZCC
    Last edited by Gabrius; 08-17-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: link fail

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gabrius For This Useful Post:

Slippers (08-17-2012)

Guild Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Gabrius's Guardian Build

Here's another Guardian Build. I find that Guardians have a couple very viable builds but not a lot of alternate options so I'm attempting to create some more interesting builds. This one focuses on crits with one handers, extra damage through burning and Fury for even more crits. With fury and the 'right handed strength' trait, crit chance rises to a whopping 95% and since Guardians have no natural way to apply bleeds, I've included sigil of superior earth: 60% chance for a 5 s bleed on crit. This covers burning and just adds more damage. You'll stack bleeds a lot with such high crit chance. You also apply might on nearby allies for 5 s on crit, so it'll stack quick. You'll also be gaining vigor each critical hit which means your mobility in combat will be very high.

The focus in battle is at maintaining fury through Zealots flame/spirit weapon for a shitload of crits w/ Inner fire. I've put spirit sword on here because it's free DPS and synergises well with the build by burning your target so you can do an extra 20% damage against them through the traits fiery wrath and radiant power. Every shout SHOULD remove two conditions on use(soldiers rune/pure of voice), so the condition removal is good but not the best since the cooldowns are a little long. It does have the added bonus of removing one from each ally as well.

Summon your sword, Use Zealot's fire and then Flashing blade then unload. Hold the line is a great defensive skill as it applies protection, regeneration, removes a condition and breaks stun. Use Stand your ground for Stomps, when fighting CC focused players or when under heavy pressure to reflect some damage and stay on your feet.

When focus fired or health gets low, switch to mace/shield. Quickly pop shield of absorption, symbol of faith, protector's strike and shield of judgement for a ton of defensive cooldowns and then either whack at them with the mace or switch back to your sword/torch set for fury. This set also provides area chill and a life steal on hit for more survivability and CC.

The Elite is the classes only source of quickness and has some great damage. Use Zealots fervor immediately so you can get it off again before the time runs out, save the knockdown for a crucial moment, and otherwise click away.

The Build is not the most surviveable, has limited range which is somewhat mitigated by Flashing Blade, and doesn't have the best condition removal BUT it crits almost every hit and burns people up like crazy. I like. Tell me if you like and if I should keep the builds coming.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fUUQ...uskZtAZgxOkZFA

Alternate: http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fUUQ...uskZtAZgxOkZFA

Takes out group condition removal for an extra 10% crit damage, and condition removal every 10 seconds. This means more damage/solo effectiveness. COOL!
    Last edited by Gabrius; 08-18-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Added Alternate Trait setup

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Impressive build. Love the synergy between the different skills and traits. A quick question, how long does the self burn and fury last for after using Zealot's Flame?
    Seems by the vagueness of the trait, it will re-apply fury every time you are set on fire, err... burning. So I was wondering how fast you have to re-apply the burning condition to maintain the fury boon.
    This build kinda reminds me of GW1 builds for some reason.

Guild Member
    Thanks

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to actually test the Fury upkeep time since I just wanted to play as much as possible and test in actual matches, but I assume it's atleast 5 seconds, and hopefully applies until the skill runs out, which is 3 seconds. which means 8 seconds upkeep, essentially keeping your crit at 95% half the time if you're good at managing the skill. Without, it will still be 75% which is pretty ridiculous regardless. If paired with a warhorn ranger, which I did, then you have fury a LOT and stack lots of might on you and your allies.

The vigor helps a lot, I was able to dodge most heavy skills with this (I still don't know a lot of the tells, must learn more!) and then get back in to keep bashing away and build up my endurance bar again.