Thanks

Awards Showcase

Default What is kinetic damage??

I can't seem to find this...what exactly is kinetic damage and what stats benefit it...I am a smuggler so cunning increases my tech damage but i'm wondering about kinetic damage...

Sorry, I'ma let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the BEST GUILDS OF ALL TIME!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Awards Showcase

Default Re: What is kinetic damage??

If an ability does kinetic damage it should say so in the tooltip - I don't think there are a lot of abilities that do, but then again I'm not particularly interested in browsing every class's ability list :P

Guild Member
    Thanks

Default Re: What is kinetic damage??

Kinetic damage is direct physical damage. Armor rating would reduce the kinetic damage received. I wouldn't be too concerned about how to maximize your kinetic output. The main stat "cunning" for smuggler should increase it as well. What you should know is which skill does kinetic damage so you know which skills to use versus an opponent with high or weak kinetic resistance (armor rating). So a juggernaunt or power tech who may have high amounts of armor, you may want to use an elemental or internal (bleed) skill. If you are dealing with someone with a lot of energy/elemental resistances, you may want to focus on your kinetic skills.

Here's a site that shows the different types of skills by Weapon / Kinetic / Energy / Internal / Elemental

http://utils.lmstudio.ru/swtor/class-damage-types.html

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drak For This Useful Post:

mwellsie (01-19-2012), Ryath (01-10-2012)