Thanks

Awards Showcase

Thumbs up New Interview w/ Producer

Here's an interesting interview with the game's producer that came out today from Digital Spy, enjoy!

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/int...ntasy-xiv.html

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Default Re: New Interview w/ Producer

Great...TY

Thanks

Awards Showcase

I'm too lazy and hazy to click on the link, what is the producer mumbling on aboot now?

I am actually thankful that the FFXIII development team had little to no input with FFXIV.

FFXIII has to be the second worstest debacle in Square's history next to the the Spirits Within movie. On that note I hope and pray that FFXIII Versus bombs so hard it brings Square to the verge of economic collapse, I'm semi-serious too. I'm still ticked off that Parasite Eve 3 has been bastardized and dumb down to a PSP game.
    Last edited by CookieMage; 09-14-2010 at 05:35 PM.
    OM NOM NOM NOM!!

Thanks

Awards Showcase

I actually thought XIII was good...while the interactivity and design (not art design though) may be somewhat bland and while it lacks some of that extra personality that made the previous games in the series a more personal and epic experience, I think there are a lot of great steps that XIII takes in the right direction. While I do enjoy a really well done turn based system (I guess I'm old school) I thought the battle system was incredible...it really had me impressed. Also, the story I thought was very refreshing for the series...not only did it stray from a lot of classic FF conventions that were beginning to get a little bit tired, but the information and story is presented in a really interesting and complex way that engages the player and leaves them artfully in the dark about certain things. The presentation of the "13 days" throughout the main storyline was a really cool way to give us past information that changes the context in which we perceive the present as we learn more about what happened during those days. While it's nowhere near my favorite (actually I think the only one in the series I like less is XII) I still think it is a really great and ambitious achievement which proves that Square still has some really great ideas and is looking to innovate their classic game designs to create new and exciting products. Hopefully they will learn from the mistakes they made here and expand upon their triumphs and being creating masterful content once again.

Well...I just typed for a lot longer than I meant to...but it got me thinking I guess...I hope Versus is a GREAT game...why wouldn't you want a game to be great...especially one from such a precious franchise! From the trailers I've seen so far I've gotten a feeling similar to the one I get when playing 7 and 8...which is definitely a good thing in my book...but having seen so little of course who knows! Just rambling at this point...

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Did you even see what they did to the Moogles in FFXIII?

...exactly!
    OM NOM NOM NOM!!