Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Videos worth checking out

It's not a video, but for those who love supply chain and crafting, these charts are ridiculously hot.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mordannus For This Useful Post:

Nith (12-06-2016)

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Why is the Duelist recipe for the copper tube called "Gere's Cavern" ?

Thanks

Crafting gear and gearing out people is probably going to be a guild or "constant party" effort, much like it was on Lineage 2

Thanks

After reading this, I'll just go into suspended animation until this game comes out:

"Technically, there are two parts to this: the underlying parcel system, which allows us to stitch together land masses into a seamless whole AND a procedural system that automated the process of laying out those parcels and all of the content that fills them.
    The first part, the underlying tech, is now up and running. We can build any number of unique worlds and boot them and players can log in and harvest resources and fight monsters -- it's a fully-functional MMO.
    The second part, though, is still heavily dependent on designer input right now. We have tools to configure everything, but someone has to walk it through the process, mixing and matching the pieces and reviewing the map and changing the default content for each parcel.
    The next step will be automating that. Our plan is to lay out the major terrain features (mountain ranges, valleys, hills, forests) and then have a "history simulator" for the world that fills in all the details. The simulation will start by populating the world with various races, and then use AI to let them explore and conquer the world around them, sort of like a game of Civ, only completely automated. As the races explore and capture resources and bump into each other, they will go to war, declare peace, build cities, etc. This process will populate the world with ruins (and history, and artifacts) for the players to discover once that world comes online."

I really wish they'd give more info on the parcel system. It's the main thing holding me back from giving them more money than I should to get some extra parcels because I just don't know what I'm buying.

Thanks

They explained showed it a little bit on their blog post from yesterday: http://crowfall.com/en/news/first-lo...ue-world-maps/

That doesn't explain anything other than they made a map out of tetris pieces, and that the servers are set up that way. The knowledge on how you set up your own parcels is still very lacking, such as cost/placement/restrictions/how to obtain them and then there are different parcels you can have according to the store, so how do you make each, what goes into each, what are the taxes and how does the placement of buildings on to them work.

Yes, they form maps, and the maps are unique, but that isn't terribly helpful as the tetris pieces could be viewed in the store already.