Neophyte
    Thanks

Post Brand New to FF14, (Also looking for Recruit A Friend code if possible)

Greetings everyone, may not be the best at this...and will probably forget to say a few things... but that's how I am haha.

My name is Michael, 30 years old, I've played quite a few MMOs, tabletop games(Also DM'd/GM'd quite a few and even created a few of my own), console RPGs, and such. So I'm a quick learner, usually quite adept/perfectionist when it comes to my RPGs... Hobbies other than gaming... concerts, movies, baseball, bowling (Fun fact, I was on my way to go professional until I became a dumb 18 year old), and currently into competitive long range steel target shooting.

Just to give a little list to help describe my tastes and how to get my attention the quickest.
    Top 5's
    Games: Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1), Earthbound(SNES), Disgaea series (ps2-4), Suikoden 2 (PS1), Mass Effect series (PC)....Honorable mentions, Star Wars KotOR 1, and Ragnarok Online

Anime: Berserk, Fate/Stay Night, Diamond No Ace, Log Horizon, Shokugeki No Soma (Food Wars!)

Books/Comics/Manga/Light Novels: Song of Ice & Fire (Game of Thrones), Walking Dead, Tolkien, Potter, Wheel of Time

Shows/TV: Archer, Top Gear, Reds Baseball, Firefly, Wrestling (I know it's fake, I grew up with quite a few guys who got into the Independent side of it and like to guess what will happen/support guys I met while growing up who are now on shows all over the world)

Movies: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The entire Star Wars universe, Avatar, Mel Brooks (Spaceballs, Robin Hood Men in Tights, History of the World pt1), Boondock Saints... with an honorable mention of Lucky Number Slevin... I love that movie.

Anyways, now that's out of the way. After playing the FF14 Trial for the day, I've decided this game would be pretty fun and I'm going to upgrade to the full game (HW soon as well). MMOs are always more fun with an active, mature, helpful Guild/group/ect. So after a bit of searching, I came across this community. It's been quite awhile since I've ran into something with a "professional" feel to them, yet completely fine with a casual setting.

Since I was playing a completely different server with my Trial, I'll be creating a new character on Gilgamesh, so I don't have an In Game name yet exactly.

Also, after I post this, I'll be gone for a little while (a couple of hours), when I come back, I'll check it to see if anyone posted a Recruit a Friend code, if you post it, I'll use it, I have no problem with whoever wants it. If no posts, I figure I'll just grab a random code from the SE FF14 forum or something.

Also, I'm not attempting to be demanding or anything of the sort, I'm just more of a "matter of fact" type of person, and I've been told it might come off as cold sometimes. Completely not my intention, I just would rather say something outright than be misunderstood on something else.

I'm glad to meet the community, hopefully this works as a introduction and I'll see everyone around Gilgamesh.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Drexic For This Useful Post:

Zro (04-26-2016)

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Brand New to FF14, (Also looking for Recruit A Friend code if possible)

Hello! Yoroshiku.