Default What's differnt in WS since we left (AKA Come back Cupcakes!)

It's been over 2 weeks since WS went free to play and I've been in game every day for the last 12. Ginger and I have paired up and leveled 4 characters to at least level 20 and I've run around on my old level 50 Warrior for a few Veteran Dungeons as well.

The words aren't flowing for me well today. There's just too much to say and I can't seem to organize coherently. I'm going to go with simple early:

The game is free. Make a character. Take it to level 20.

Between housing at level 14 and Stormtalon at level 20 you'll get a look at what WS has to offer. TRY IT. I swear this game has a lot to offer, and I don't mean the typical theme park gear grind. The sand box aspects of housing could be a game all by themselves. They put Minecraft to shame.

---------------------------- Disjointed attempts at post-writing below. Read at your own risk -----------------------------------

To me, Wild Star has 5 major selling points
    1. The character customization (6 costumes, each with 7 gear slots, each with 3 dye-able areas. Access every item graphic you've unlocked anywhere/time)
    2. The housing customization (Or google it. You have a sandbox and can do/make damn near ANYTHING in WS's housing)
    3. Mounts (dozens of different mounts, each with 3 customization slots. From a hoverboards to a crab the size of a Volkswagon)
    4. Double-jumping (I know, I know... but this combined with a hover board mount still blows my mind. The feel of it is incredible)
    5. The group content (It's been tuned down, more has been added, and vendors have been put in to deal with gearing)

Alrighty all,

Here's why I think a lot of you should take some time in this MMO lull to give Carbine & WildStar another shot. Here is what has changed in WS:

Quality of Life!
    Seriously, there are too many changes of this nature for me to list them all, but here are a few.
    - Graveyards in the dungeons - Remember corpse runs? Thing of the past. There are multiple GYs in intelligent positions throughout.
    - Gear vendor in your housing plot - Once you finish an Adventure or Dungoen, you can buy all of the gear you didn't win off of the vendor in your plot. The prices are actually reasonable. He also sells tons of decor, any costumes you've unlocked, dyes, mounts and flair, pets, toys... a lot. Seriously, this guy has easily a couple of hundred items on him.

- The Glamour/ Transmog/ Costume/ Holograph thingy - The new system is amazing! It's a lot like Diablo 3's setup now, but has much more customization. If you like the way a piece of gear or a costume item looks, you click a button and add its graphic to your library. Once in, it is accessible to your entire account. You can mix and match 7 different equipment slots and each slot has 3 different dye channels allowing you to color the main, secondary, and trim colors of any piece you've equipped. You can save 6 different costumes to switch between whenever you like.
    - Housing. Wildstar has hands down the best housing system I've ever seen in any MMO. You get an empty plot of land hovering and the tools to do whatever you want with it. You can change the sky, the ground, the music. You can build anything from forests to techno-mazes, to grreat big gardens. The entire thing has to be seen to be believed.
    Last edited by Trufflepig; 10-12-2015 at 03:47 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trufflepig For This Useful Post:

RJO (10-16-2015)

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Default Re: What's differnt in WS since we left (AKA Come back Cupcakes!)

This gif seems to be very useful lately.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarvas For This Useful Post:

Mordannus (10-13-2015)

Sigh. Couldn't help myself. I laughed.

And I hate you for it

Is this still how end game gearing/entry feels like? I just don't think I'm hardcore enough for them.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Awards Showcase

I won't argue the fact that Wildstar is fun... for the first month you play it. I looked back through a lot of the changes they've made, but nothing makes me think that they've addressed how quickly the game gets stale.

Since it's free to play, it can't hurt to try it if you think you may like it. I wouldn't overhype it until you're actually a month in again, though.
    Steam: Bigcedric --- XBL: Bigcedric --- PSN: Bigcedric88

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcedric View Post
    I won't argue the fact that Wildstar is fun... for the first month you play it. I looked back through a lot of the changes they've made, but nothing makes me think that they've addressed how quickly the game gets stale.

Since it's free to play, it can't hurt to try it if you think you may like it. I wouldn't overhype it until you're actually a month in again, though.
    A damn good point. We hit 50 yesterday on the new alts, so I suppose I'll be able to give a more seasoned opinion on the reboot in a few weeks. If I'm back to running in circles around the Limsa Aetherite, I guess we'll know WS was a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordannus View Post
    Is this still how end game gearing/entry feels like? I just don't think I'm hardcore enough for them.
    Just got back to that point with the new alt Mord. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Last edited by Trufflepig; 10-15-2015 at 05:42 PM.